Saturday, August 2, 2008

Joining the WildGeeks at FRIM

Follow the Wildgeeks to FRIM at Kepong today. Boy, was it tough!
We went through both the technical AND the endurance part of the trail.

On the technical trail (I think it's called Dream Trail) I almost did a superman (an action of rider flipping over and above the bike) down the mountain cliff. Thank god gravity pulled the bike back down as the front wheels locked up. Could have easily been hospitalized. Definitely no joking here. After that, I pretty much balled out of it and pushed my bike all the way through. We were riding on a small singletrack, cliffhanger style.

Next we went on to the endurance part of the trail. It was much wider (truck road) but it was a pretty long uphill climb. As with all uphills, there are downhills. :p And During one particular downhill turn, I went a wee bit too fast while turning in. Imediately realizing that, Ballz shrunk, Brake harder, Turn in more, and next thing I know; Was "drifting" on the floor. Lucky the floor had loose sand, so I didn't get too hurt.


Courtesy of the "drift"

After that, we rode on. Reach a stall. Had a coconut, and a teh ais. and started making our way back. Halfway back, we made a stop and rest while 2 Wildgeeks went on a little side trail (Steroid hill, famous for it's extremely steep uphill). A motorist past by and gave us some rambutans. LOL. So had ourselves a little snack. Later continue on our journey back when everyone was here.

















As we were riding back, riders at the back of me were telling me that I got a dented rear rim. Probably from the technical part of the trail "Awwwww... Damn!" I already had a buyer for the bike. Later when I got out, I sms-ed the dude and tell him to cancel the sale. I wouldn't want to sell him the bike now, seeing how it could be hazardous.

While waiting for the 2 who went Steroid, one rider came up to us and asked to join us as his ridemates went home (is it always safer to ride in groups). And of course we welcomed him, chit chat a little, exchange contacts, and later asked him to lead the way back. He took us to another trail which was also very challenging (to me). It was also a singletrack, cliffhanger style but with the exception that it was a downhill ride all the way. But by that time, my ballz had shrunk so small from the previous trails that i decided to push all the way. My balance sarks. :p Cycle a little on the road and FINALLY! time to say chows and get into the car. My car seat had never felt this good!

After FRIM I headed over to Desa Aman Puri, ABC Bicycles. Batang was waiting for me there, as I told him to order T-bolt for me. He was close with the shop owner there and recommended their services. Traded in my Polygon Solaris there (Bye, was fun while it lasted) and got me a new T-bolt. But that's a story for tomorrow. :p

Went home. Took a nice cold bath. Guzzle lots of water. Sit on the bed. Damn! Start rubbing the bruises on my leg, and this is how it looks now. -_-"





We made a few stops here and there where we rest and chit chat, get to know each other better. Good Shitz! Really something you have to do once in your lifetime. :)

FRIM - Forest Research Institute Malaysia
Singletrack - A bicycle lane with just enough size for one bike, no room for overtaking.

0 comments: