Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crash and Burn!

Another day in FRIM, another casualty report. Lol! And this time's crash was much much worst, I really did manage to flew over the handlebar, did a superman, and the bike flew back over and landed on me. Hahaha! Don't ask me how I managed that.

Early morning, meetup was at 7.30am. Then we rode in. Went up the usual trail as warm-up, heading towards DreamTrail. Reach the start of the Dream :p, took a breather and off we go. Was able to ride my bike like maybe 15% of the trail this time. Which to me is a good improvement. Lol! The other 85%, I pushed my way through.


I once caught a fish, thiiiis big!




Roadbiker trying out Mountainbiking = Saddle aches




Poser! :p


Dark and Spooky


Ridegroup this time includes (From left to right) Raymond, AhFatt, Alan, Batang


The spot where lots of bikes get scratched


Exit of DreamTrail


Washroom time! Lol!



After that, we back down and headed out towards the Endurance trail. I KO'ed around here. Was trying to speed down some corners when some mud threw me flying in the air. Followed the way and headed to the coconut stall. Had our drinks and rest. Another 2 riders who just arrived at the coconut stall asked us to lead the way in. So we had another 2 riders join us. Forgot to catch their name though :p. My bad!


How it's suppose to look like


Broke my lever during the crash. Broken piece taken home to throw in rubbish bin as of not to cause harm to any other riders.


Hash end

P.S: I'd want to just say a very great big THANKS to all the riders who stopped to help me out when I crashed. Especially to the Pakcik who shoulder carried me to the side of the trail and to the other dude who helped me straighten out my handlebar and stem. Mucho Gracius!!!

After I packed my bike in the car, rested a while, then off I went to UncleABC. And got my T-bolt replaced with a new Avid AD 3 brake lever @ Rm43. :p I guess it can be considered an Upgrade?

All and all, today was kick arse. Really did pedal to the metal today. But honestly speaking, won't be rushing down any corners anymore. Seriously hurts when I slammed my ribs against the handlebar and stem. Now my chest hurts when I take deep breaths or whenever I exert strength from the left side of my body.

0 comments: